The FitEdge Difference
When you walk into FitEdge Training Center, you will see a different scene than many other gyms you may be used to. The goal with this blog post is to share the FitEdge difference with you. What makes us unique and stand out from all the other gyms popping up all over Spokane?? What keeps our cliental coming back for more?
- First thing you may notice is the absence of machines. Yep that’s right! No workout machines here. Our focus at FitEdge is to help you move better. We believe the best way to do that is to help our clients through functional movements, where multiple muscle groups are working at the same time. When you walk into FitEdge, you will see Free Weights, Kettlebells, Barbells, Squat racks (with our very own squat therapy system), TRX straps, Stability Balls, BOSU balls, Rowing machines, a stationary bike, a treadmill, resistance bands, medicine balls, sand bags, boxes, a punching bag, plyometric training tools, and yoga mats. When training on machines, you’re isolating 1 muscle group at a time. Tell me, is there ever a situation in your day to day life when you are only using 1 muscle group at a time? Think of machines as training wheels on a bike. You’re pedaling but not really doing the work to balance the bike. You could go from machine to machine, working 1 muscle group at a time, which may take all day, and without using a single core muscle. Or you could master a few compound, functional training movements that will target several areas at once, and be able to handle the real world. There are so many benefits missed out on when training on machines, so we aim to give you the best bang for your buck. Because we all know, ain’t no body got time for that!
- Second difference, we have our very own rockstar Physical Therapist, Paula Stiles. She’s basically a magician. She takes care of all of our clients (as well as our trainers) who may have unique physical conditions that need special attention. She examines the client individually and develops a plan, using treatment techniques to promote the ability to move, reduce pain, restore function, and prevent disability. As trainers, we work with Paula and our client to create a customized training program to keep them on track with healing and progressing. Our clients can schedule a physical therapy session right before or after their training session. How convenient is that! Paula has a doctorate of physical therapy, and is a certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist.
- When you’re here, you’re family. There’s definitely a different vibe at FitEdge than other gyms, and I’m sure you’ll recognize it. If you’re into the scene of a bunch of meat tanks with cut off tanks slamming weights, competing for the heaviest bench press, and flexing in the mirror, than I’m sorry, you’re at the wrong place. We don’t even have mirrors for you to flex in. Not only is our staff part of the family, but all of our clients as well. It’s a tight group here. We know you by your first name, and we remember your birthday. We share the hardships together and the rollercoaster that life can be at times. We cheer each other on and celebrate the little victories along the way. We care about you.
- You will get consistency. At FitEdge, each trainer brings their own flair and personality, but we all follow the same Protocol. We coach our clients through activation and mobilization drills. This process is followed up with how to integrate your training into performance and functional movements for the clients specific goals in life. Each client will have a uniformed, and professional experience at FitEdge.
- Holistic Health approach. We believe there’s more to your health than just the physical aspect. Our holistic approach to a healthy lifestyle includes stretching, rest days, nutrition coaching, attention to your personal life stressors, mental health and emotional well-being. As important as working out is, we know that’s not the ONLY piece of the puzzle. If there’s something outside of our scope of practice that needs attention, we have some awesome professionals to refer out to. We want our clients fully taken care of, and along the way helping them learn how to take care of themselves for long term health.
- Our Team. The trainers here at FitEdge are a group of highly qualified health professionals, each bringing their own set of expertise to the table. Whether you’re a high school athlete wanting to step up your game, or someone wanting to strengthen your bones from Osteoporosis, you’ll find your match. Between the 7 trainers here at FitEdge we have over 70 years of experience. Personal Training can be a whole different experience when you have the right person holding you accountable and cheering you on along the way.
So there you have it. We strive to give you the best training experience possible so you can get the most out of life. Experience the FitEdge difference for yourself! Give us a call or stop by and see us.